Gambier Island is one of my favourite places in the world – I grew up swimming in the ocean and running through the trails behind our cottage. Now, I enjoy weekends here with friends and family. One of my dear friends, Barb Cornish, passed along this recipe to me. I hope you love these cookies as much as I do.
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granola or oats (not instant oats)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup any type of nuts (we used walnuts and pecans)
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs and mix well.
- Mix together granola, flour, baking soda and salt and mix well into butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Add nuts, cranberries and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten to your own preference for thickness/size.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.