LET ME COUNT THE WAYS……
- I MISS being able to meet your eyes when you come to class.
- I MISS the before class chatter of asking “ what does everyone want to do today in the practise”.
- I MISS the soft touching I give to some who want body correction during the pose.
- I MISS the music to bring you into the yoga dance.
- I MISS the physical camaraderie of watching each other move graceful from one pose to the other.
- I MISS you, the student…keeping me on track when I forget to do the left side of the pose.
But most of all . . . I MISS your monstrous hugs and your physical body presence.
I feel this is a mini cosmos of what we are all enduring in the world at this moment…… ……a lack of touching, hugging and caressing ….a void of the heat, energy ,and spontaneity next to us with our family, friends and follow yoga participants.
So this poem has meant a lot to me in the past couple of days as I am grieving the new reality of this moment.
To love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.
– Ellen Bass –
But in juxtaposition …. I am wildly learning new ways of delivery. I am boldly embracing change and I will not shrink away from the challenges that will rebirth the world.
Let me guide you with my voice instructions into the poses.
Let me feed you with thoughts to ignite your reflective self.
Let me delve deep into your spirit to unlock the knowledge of your inner gifts that the world needs.
Join me for Yoga on Zoom
HATHA YOGA – Monday & Wednesday, 10 am Pacific Time
FUNCTIONAL RESTORATIVE YOGA CLASS – Friday 10:00am Pacific Time
Come with me on this new adventure and join me for free online ZOOM yoga.
I miss the random opportunities to sit down real close to someone and share a laugh, or a cigar!
I miss these classes where your hands or feet would accidentally touch another person and there would be that “awkward moment” and you’d both laugh.